Level of description
St. Mark's School. Records
- 1911-1912, 1924, 1931-1941 (Creation)
.15 cu.ft. (1 box partial)
Name of creator
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
ACI records on St. Mark’s School include the school’s Board of Trustees meeting minutes (1931-1935) and its report to ACI in 1912. Correspondence of founding board member J. A. Van Hoose (1912) and principal Rev. C. W. Brooks (1924) are very brief. Financial records relate to the school’s mortgage (1933-1936). ACI officers’ correspondence covers 1930 to 1940. Historical summaries (1934, c.1940) and a report of the school (1935) provide information about the establishment of St. Mark’s and its programs. The school’s disassociation from ACI in 1941 is touched upon in a Committee on Negro Work report (n.d.) and an ACI memo (1941).
This material constitutes file series 17 of the ACI archive.
Conditions of access and use elements
Access to Episcopal Church records is governed by the Archives Public Access Policy. Research requests must be submitted in writing.
Rights and permissions
The Archives is able to respond to limited requests for reproductions subject to copyright restrictions, internal policy, and the condition of the source documents.
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Related materials elements
Related records and archives
Description control element
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- American Church Institute (Subject)