The Associated Parishes, Inc. Records

Identity elements

Reference number


Level of description



The Associated Parishes, Inc. Records


  • 1946-1970 (Creation)


.35 cu.ft. (1 box)


The Associated Parishes was founded in 1946 as, "A fellowship of clergy and laity interested in advancing the principles of the Liturgical Movement in the life of the Episcopal Church." This program was accomplished through publications, networking, and liturgical conferences, representing Anglicans in North America as well as an ecumenical reach. In 1981 the official title of the organization was changed from The Associated Parishes, Inc. to Associated Parishes for Liturgy and Mission.

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

The records of The Associated Parishes comprises typescript meeting minutes from 1946 through 1970 as well as a small group of publications, including an incomplete run of the quarterly publication, Sharers.


Minutes, 1946-1970
Publications, 1953-1962

Conditions of access and use elements

Access conditions

Access to Episcopal Church records is governed by the Archives Public Access Policy. Research requests must be submitted in writing.

Technical access

Rights and permissions

The Archives is able to respond to limited requests for reproductions subject to copyright restrictions, internal policy, and the condition of the source documents.

Languages of the material

  • English

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Descriptive inventories

Acquisition and appraisal elements


Related materials elements

Related records and archives

Related descriptions

Notes element

Description control element

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places