This collection comprises printed materials, minutes, reports, correspondence, class lectures, photographs, literary works, and guest books created and collected by St. Margaret’s House to document its work educating women as deaconesses, missionaries, and educators. The majority of the records date from 1920 to 1950 with the largest number belonging to the Board of Trustees and the Dean’s Office.
Although most of the records pertaining to academics are from the institution’s final years of operation, there are some files relating to special academic programs, projects, and divisions pre-1945. Also included are a variety of material published by St. Margaret’s House, as well as other material collected by staff in scrapbooks, such as leaflets, articles, and photographs, spanning the organization’s history from its beginning in 1908. A small amount of material from the 1990s, related to the Strong Center, is also present.
St. Margaret’s House